Well, it’s November, and it’s the 7th, which means I turned 36 today. I’ve been thinking about all the things that I’m thankful for, and so I decided to combine what a lot of people call the month of Thanks, with how old I’m turning, and share 36 things that I’m thankful for.
1. My faith in Jesus Christ :: it is what gives me hope, keeps me full of JOY, and I trust in it daily.
2. My husband :: For loving me on days when I’m unloveable, for providing for our family, for making me laugh when I don’t want to, and for knowing that surprising me by cleaning the bathroom and shower for my birthday was the best gift ever!
3. Burke :: Our little man is a daily reminder of God’s blessing on our family, for his smiles and giggles, and the chance to continue to grow and learn each and every day.
4. My job as a SAHM :: I never thought that being a Mommy would be the best job on earth, but it comes with bigger challenges, larger rewards, and more than I could have ever imagined. I know I am very blessed to have a husband that works hard for us for me to be able to stay home with Burke and be part of his life each and every day.
5. My parents :: They raised me, showed me so much of this world, took me to far away places, loved me, provided for me, supported me, educated me, and I’m so grateful for all of it!
6. My sisters :: While we didn’t always get along growing up, and don’t see eye to eye on all things, I am so happy to have my adult sisters in my life and yearn to know more of them, and spend more time with them as we continue to grow together.
7. My in-laws & extended Bollman family :: They love me as their own and welcomed me into their family with open arms.
8. My home :: Santa Barbara. I get to live here.Need I say more.
9. The O’Neils :: Living 4 doors down from Dave, Dayna and their girls has been such a wonderful blessing, so easy and has felt like an extension of our own family. We don’t need to have more kids, Burke has two sisters that he’s terrible at sharing with already.
10. MOPS :: I love having a place to be with Moms of young kids and spend time encouraging one another in all we do.
11. Burke’s PEP Group :: Getting to know such wonderful women and their kids over the last 18+ months has been such a treasure.
12. Being part of leadership at PEP and MOPS :: Having something to do to exercise my brain outside of being a Mommy has been so good for my soul and sanity over the last year or so. I’ve learned new skills, and been able to give back to two communities that have given so much to me.
13. Creativity :: Or something like that…..maybe this one should be listed more as Pinterest. Just having the ability to create something with my hands is such a giddy reward.
14. Technology :: The ways that our generation has to do life, while it can be too much sometimes, is just amazing. Photographs, blogs, Skype, camera phones, etc….it makes the distance between family and friends easier to bear on all.
15. SBMQG :: I love seeing, and being inspired by, these creative, crafty women each month!
16. Our humble abode :: It’s small, but it’s cozy and it’s our home. We have wonderful landlords, fantastic neighbors, and are walking distance to a great park. I’m so grateful that we’re in SB and we have a roof over our heads.
17. Gathering Small Group :: Just plain amazing women.
18. My TX friends :: I miss them all dearly but love keeping up with them via phone calls, text messages, Facebook, etc. I wish I could get back to TX more often, or to bring them here for visits.
19. Our SB community :: The friends were have here in SB are our family and they love us as such. I love spending time with, and doing life with, such amazing people on a daily basis.
20. Naps :: Ah yes, the joy of sleep in the middle of the day. I’m so grateful to be able to catch up and get some much needed rest on days that it is needed….especially since I’m fully aware that this privilege will not last much longer as the days of just me and Burke near to an end soon.
21. Baby Boy Bollman #2 :: I am in awe that I get to be part of God’s creation and my body gets to be the place where a baby is knitted together. I love feeling him kick and can’t wait to meet him and kiss his sweet face so soon. I am so excited to be a Mommy to two boys. I like playing with cars, don’t mind getting (that) dirty, and crave the sweetness of a little boy’s hug.
Wow, 36 things is a LOT….these are about to get a lot less meaningful. 🙂
22. Cameras :: So happy that we have the ability to capture almost anything, in a second’s notice, to savor for years and years to come.
23. Hulu :: It’s nice to plop down on the couch with Brett and always have something there waiting for us to watch mindlessly at the end of the night.
24. Maternity clothes :: More specifically, clothes that fit with this belly! Yes, sometimes it’s the small things. 🙂
25. My sewing machine :: I’m so glad that Brett went out on a limb and got this for me last year for Christmas. The things that I’ve been able to sew for us, for gifts, have really made me smile.
26. My new KitchenAid Mixer and new Vans shoes :: two fun gifts from my Mom and MIL. I am already putting both of them to good use, and they put smiles on my face with each use!
27. Santa Barbara Weather :: I keep telling Brett that there isn’t anywhere else that I can ever live now that we’ve lived in SB and been spoiled by the weather. Even though it’s been a warm summer, and I might complain a little about that, I am very thankful for the sunny weather on most of our days. It really makes being a Mom that much easier when almost every day of the year we can be outside without too much hassle.
28. Feeling young :: They say you’re only as old as you feel, or you’re as young as you feel? Oh, I don’t know what “they” say, but I’m glad to feel young(er than I am ) and be able to (mostly) get up and go do things without much trouble.
29. Molly :: She definitely doesn’t get as much attention around here as she used to, but she’s been a good kitty and was a loving and snuggly companion back in the days when it was just me and her.
30. Santa Barbara Midwives :: they are such loving, and wonderful women, and I can’t wait to bring this new little guy into the world in our home with them by our side.
31. Showit :: Grateful for Brett’s job and the family of people that he is part of with his work.
32. Fun birthday messages all day on Facebook. Such a neat way to see names of people that you don’t everyday and to take a moment to think about and pray for each and every one of them.
33. Free birthday goodies in SB :: Free breakfast at Summerland Beach Cafe with great friends to start off the morning bright and early!
34. Free birthday carwash…even more entertaining when Burke started to cry as he spotted our van going through the wash and we weren’t in it. He also got upset hen the workers were finishing it up with the drying. I think he thought it was going to leave without us. Too amusing!
35. Free Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream…even when I have to share it with a greedy little toddler.
36. For another year with this man! It was a great birthday! 🙂